Expressing the Terminology of Chemistry by Barbara Gourlay and Joan Lusk
You already know a great deal of chemistry and you have demonstrated good reading and writing skills in English. You probably have not had much opportunity to speak English, especially not the technical vocabulary of chemistry. The terms on this website were chosen not for their scientific meaning but to help you to:
- Develop precision in speaking using professional vocabulary.
- Develop familiarity with technical English.
- Increase familiarity with English used by teachers and students in this context.
- Develop phrasing patterns and rhythm.
- Increase control of word stress patterns
- Don't worry about speaking fast (FAST DOES NOT EQUAL FLUENT)
- Concentrate on precision and clarity of pronunciation
Click here to read more about this site and its purpose
New! Contact us:
Click here to go to Chemistry Language Blog and send us your suggestions.
Alphabetical Order by Starting Letter: