Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata
Download and Install Maya Program
- If you are an educator or student, go to http://www.autodesk.com/education/free-software/maya to download a free 3 year version.
- Click "Create Account".
- Fill in all of the information and click Next.
- Follow instructions in the email you receive to activate your account.
- Select the appropriate operating system and version
- As of June 2016, the Maya 2016 version has been tested and works for XROMM. XROMM Maya Tools may not be compatible with later versions.
- Install program
- (The following instructions are obsolete: replaced by new xconfig shelf tool in XROMM Maya Tools. Press xconfig when first run Maya) XROMM convention for Maya is to use "Z-up" coordinate space. Often Maya defaults to "Y-up" coordinate space, which looks like this.
- To set "Z-up" coordinate space, click on Animation Preferences in the lower right corner of the screen. Alternately, the window can be opened through Maya -> Preferences
- Select Settings and choose Z as the "Up axis"
- Save and close the window