- Press the "imp" button on the XROMM tool shelf or type impData in the Mel command line.
-- Tip: Use this same procedure to import the framespec file to check your calibration in Maya.
-- Tip: See Animating Bones for instructions on using the Import Data window for importing Tform data from RigidBody
- The following window will appear:
- At the top, find your .xyzpts data file with the "Browse to File" button. You should see your data in the "data preview" box.
- Select the xyz data type in the left, top window.
- Check the box Rows are time series for digitized motion data. Un-check for importing a column of points into one frame (as when checking a framespec file)
- Specify "object type" in the top right window. This allows you to import the xyz data as locators or small spheres (bbs). The size is the radius of the sphere, so setting 1 mm will create 2 mm diameter spheres.