- To upload files to your publicly accessible folders:
- use Fugu (Mac) or WinSCP (Windows) or similar to log yourself into: ssh.ccv.brown.edu
- use the SFTP protocol
- navigate to: /share/cavewriting/students/<folder-named-with-your-ccv-id>/
- upload your xml AND ANY SUPPORTING FOLDERS/FILES WITH PICTURES OR SOUNDS ETC to this folder.
- Be sure to give ALL your files the correct permissions. They must be readable by everyone and in most cases it will be helpful if they are also writeable. All folders must be 'executeable' i.e. give 'file access' to everyone. Alex Kruckman wrote a script to that sets permissions. If you are logged into your CCV account you are in the 'students' directory, you type ...
... and hit return.
- If you want to check out a particular student's work, then just go to his or her folder:
- If you want to quickly get to a set of links to the student folders for a particular class:
- navigate to: /share/cavewriting/classes/<folder-of-the-class>/
- NB: You can also upload copies of files to other user's folders, but then you would 'own' them (as far as the file system is concerned). In general it's better that you upload, move and copy files that 'belong' to your own folders. We will all be able to read them and take our own copies, which is all we really need to do.
- NB: When you do your uploads, don't forget about FONTS if you have use any fonts that others may not have installed. People previewing your project will need to have all the fonts you've used installed in the 'fonts' folder of their CaveWriting installation.