- Complete the online Radiation Safety Training offered by the Brown University Office of Environmental Health & Safety. To get registered on the Traincaster System, please contact Allyce Sullivan Erika Giblin, the Keck XROMM Lab Manager. ( Note that if you are a Brown student or employee, you must already have completed Brown lab safety training and hazardous waste trainingwill have to complete the Lab Safety and the Hazardous Waste classroom trainings. If using animals, then and an animal use training must be completed also. Contact Allyce Sullivan Erika Giblin to arrange these trainings also).
- Complete and return the RSO-8 (Application for Radiation Dosimeter) and RSO-25 (X-ray User Certification) forms.
- all training.
- Read the Brown Radiation Use Manual and if applicable, the NRC Instruction Concerning Prenatal Radiation Exposure (required for all female users). Please direct any questions about these documents to Beth Brainerd.
- Complete the RSO-25K (X-ray User Certification) form and give it to Erika for signatures and forwarding to the Radiation Safety Office.
- Be trained in the use of the x-ray equipment by an approved Trainer (see list of Trainers on bulletin board inside the C-arm lab or in the hall of the Keck Lab).