- Complete the online Radiation Safety Training offered by the Brown University Office of Environmental Health & Safety. To get registered on the Traincaster System, please contact Allyce Sullivan Erika Giblin, the Keck XROMM Lab Manager. ( Note that if you are a Brown student or employee, and if you will have to complete the Lab Safety and the Hazardous Waste classroom trainings. If using animals, then and an animal use training must be completed also. Contact Allyce Sullivan Erika Giblin to arrange this all training).
- Complete the RSO-8 (Application for Radiation Dosimeter) and RSO-25 Read the Brown Radiation Use Manual and if applicable, the NRC Instruction Concerning Prenatal Radiation Exposure. Please direct any questions about these documents to Beth Brainerd.
- Complete the RSO-25K (X-ray User Certification) forms form and give them it to Allyce Erika for signatures and forwarding to the Radiation Safety Office.
- Read the Brown Radiation Use Manual and if applicable, the NRC Instruction Concerning Prenatal Radiation Exposure (required for all female users).
- Be trained in the use of the x-ray equipment by an approved Trainer (see list of Trainers on bulletin board inside the C-arm lab or in the hall of the Keck Lab).