Exporting Data from Maya
1. Select the object(s) you wish to export data from (for JCS: yourJointName_data node in Hypergraph hierarchy), and press the "exp" button on the XROMM tool shelf or type expdata into the Mel command line. This window should pop up:
2. Select the Data type (Translation/Rotaion for a JCS), coordinate system, and whether or not the selected object has animated data.
3. Select header options for your file. Note: if you choose to remove frame spacing with NANs, row headers will automatically be selected to help keep track of what frames you have exported.
4. Unless you wish to only export keyframes, keep spline interpolate selected.
5. Export all keys, keys on the timeslider, or a selected range of data.
6. Click export and save data in appropriate location.