Saving Digitizing Data
Please do this frequently. It is easy to reload data, and if MATLAB crashes or you accidentally quit it, you will lose your data.
The Save Data button in DLTdvBrown acts like a Save As command. Entering the same prefix from session to session is generally desirable and will write over data from a previous digitizing session. Selecting a new prefix will establish an archive of your sessions.
Saving your data creates five files, all with the prefix that you have selected. These are:
- *offsets.csv: lists the offsets for each frame
- *xypts.csv: lists the raw digitized xy coordinates for each camera view in each frame
- *xyzpts.csv: lists the 3D xyz coordinates for each frame once the DLT coefficients have been applied to the 2D data from each camera
- *xyzres.csv: lists the DLT residuals for each marker point in every frame
- *markerDistances.csv: lists the pair-wise distances between all points
When the merged DLT has been modified, Shift R will recalculate the xyz coordinates from the xy data.
To recalculate data, save with a different file name or discard the old xyz and res files.